The project was multi-faceted, and included:
• A live Hispanic How to Begin webinar series.
• Teams formed to continue ongoing relational support for the Hispanic community.
• Teams formed to continue the ongoing provision of website resources and tools for the Hispanic community.
• Outreach to Hispanic pastors and churches through email and phone conversations.
• Ongoing Hispanic Radio WBTK 1380AM radio interviews to provide connection of homeschooling events and opportunities.
• An effective translator was added to the entire HEAV website.
• A permanent start-here page in Spanish was designed and created on the HEAV website. The page includes on-demand videos and resource links.
Webinar topics included:
- Why Homeschool? Understand Various Learning Styles and Teaching Methods
- Homeschool Curriculum, Routine, and Community
- Know the Homeschool Law
The webinars were recorded to provide ongoing encouragement and training.
“This project brought to light how great the need is to speak into other cultural communities where they are,” said Anne Miller, Executive Director of HEAV. “We were able to communicate to Virginia’s homeschool leaders how language and culture can be an individual’s real barrier from understanding the important information needed to homeschool their own family effectively.